Ron's Medicated Food Mixing Instructions
Medicine packet that’s included inside bag of food MUST BE MIXED WITH FOOD.
- For the 8oz Package use the entire contents of the medicine packet and ½ cup of dechlorinated water.
For the 1lb Package use the entire contents of the medicine packet and 1 cup of dechlorinated water.
(I highly recommend adding 2 ounces of thawed Frozen Brine Or Mysis Shrimp per 8oz of Mix). The shrimp will help them eat more voraciously, hide the medicine flavor, and help them put on some weight.
- Mix the pellets with the medicine and water in a bowl and stir it up very well. Then place it in the refrigerator for an hour. The pellets will “absorb” the medicine. Should be slightly moist from the liquid.
- Divide it in small Ziplocs and freeze all but one bag. (Food should not be in fridge more than 5 days).
Lasts up to one year in freezer.
Feed this food for 5 days, then when you need an additional 5 days worth just remove 1 bag from freezer and place in the refrigerator. Feed twice daily for 10 days for most ailments. ONLY FEED THIS FOOD…
Continue using for up to 15 days if you have a severe case of Sunken Belly.
Follow instructions below for tank maintenance during treatment.
Gravel siphon every 2 days, add stress coat 3-4 times the recommended dose every time you do water change (with deep gravel siphon).
Gravel siphon needs to get into the sand / gravel to pull out the parasites, worms, etc. that have been expelled from the fish’s digestive tract. They may not be fully deceased yet and need to be removed from the tank before another fish ingests it and starts the cycle over again.
Then once you have it cured you need to start checking your tank parameters more regularly.
HEALTHY FISH are resilient to Ich, Bacterial, and Parasitic diseases. They will naturally fight it off.
If the fish health isn’t good enough then the parasites or infections will just come back again and again.
If you are treating Sunken Belly / internal Parasites the fish will appear to be skinny for several weeks. Try and feed a little more and use some Mysis shrimp or krill to help them put some weight back on.
Medicine treatments like this are at best 70% effective in treating most ailments. So properly identifying the ailment will make treatment more successful.
This product is very effective for most internal symptoms as well as some external symptoms.
Here are some of the issues this food CAN HELP cure depending on the severity of ailment:
- Internal infections such as bloating, abnormal stools, loss of appetite, and weight loss
- Internal Parasites (Cryptocaryon, Hexamita, Tape worms, Flat Worms)
- Bacterial Infections - Fin / Tail Rot - Hole-in-the-head disease - Gill & Skin Flukes - ICH
- External Fungal Infections - Velvet - Anchor worm - Fish Lice - Wasting Disease
- Viral Lesions - Dropsy - Popeye - Septicemia
Continue to use filters, and Chemical Media as this food has no impact on filtration or Biological.
If your fish are showing signs of external parasites like flashing or scratching you will also want to treat the water in the tank with a product like Rid-Ich Plus, Copper Safe, or Paraguard. Please read and follow those labels accordingly. These water treatments are MUCH more effective treating EXTERNAL Parasites.